Harrisonburg Baptist Preschool is a non-profit ministry sponsored by Harrisonburg Baptist Church.
It is the aim of our Preschool to further the development of the total personality of your child – mind, body, and spirit. We provide children with the following opportunities:
- A wide variety of learning experiences from which they can gain understanding and build readiness for future learning.
- Self-expression through language, music, movement, and art activities.
- Develop physical strength and coordination.
- Succeed in doing things for themselves, thereby growing in self-reliance, responsibility, and confidence.
- Participation in a group, and to grow in their ability to “give and take” with those of their own age.
- Make many of their own choices.
- Develop attitudes that are in harmony with Christian understandings about life.
We attempt to supply what study has taught us that the young child needs. Among them are:
- A feeling of belonging and usefulness
- The assurance that his/her individuality is respected
- Consistency set in behavior limits
- Protection of personal rights
- Guidance in understanding his/her own feelings, and acceptable ways of expressing them
- Adequate space for vigorous physical activity
- Equipment scaled to his/her size
- Materials that invite him/her to explore, discover, and learn
- Guidance in appropriate ways of responding to other people
- Success, approval, and love